Thursday, May 24, 2012

Veggie Thief?!

Last week my son picked our first purple pepper.  It was an exciting event.  There was another we left on the plant, to pick later.

When we came back a few days later - it was gone!  A friend of mine said a squirrel could have picked it, or maybe even a raccoon.

Charlotte and I discussed this traumatic turn of events and later she emailed me to say:

I went down to the garden this afternoon and I was missing a little small eggplant that had just started to form.  I forgot that I did have a squash go missing while I was gone to Natchez.  I had a patty pan squash that was pretty big and was expecting it to be almost big enough to pick when I got back.  However it was gone when I got back.  That's why I put the wire cages around them.  Don't know why something would choose a small undeveloped eggplant over several big peppers right in the same area.  Guess it's just one of those things we're going to have happen from time to time!  I may look for some more netting like I have over my strawberries.  I've had it for a long time but I'm thinking I probably bought it somewhere like Home Depot.


Anyone else had veggies missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment