Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Attack of the Squash Borer

Julie,
I have found some squash borers. I noticed some of my squash that was looking limp looking and got to checking it and found a white worm in the stem. I didn't check everyones but the box that is labeled Want a Be Gardener has them really bad.  Jim Ault was down there and he has them also. Randy came by and we checked his and he also has them. You might want to notify everyone. Here is a link to some information I found. You might also have some information.
Charlotte 

The below pictures are from this site, which also has helpful information.
source

source

1 comment:

  1. We have them as well, I think,...and bad! My "best" squash plant has a badly discolored stem now and is starting to fall over. I will see if I can cut them out this weekend. Thanks for the info, it was very helpful!

    ReplyDelete