Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Curled Leaves on Tomato Plants


Hi Julie,
I may also have an answer as to why Jim Ault's tomato leaves are curling.  My friend in Judsonia had 60 tomato plants that had leaves that were curling.  She thought she had blight and took a sample to her extension office.  They ran some tests and it turns out her problem was that she had put down bagged manure and it was more than the plant could tolerate.  Now that the potency is getting less the plants are returning to normal.  I know Jim Ault put a bunch of bagged manure on his plants.  He added it not too long ago.  He was talking about how it smelled his car up before he could get it to the garden.

Charlotte


{Comment from Julie:  I'm so thankful for Charlotte's input.  Please feel free to email me with any thoughts or tips you have.  My address is luvmyhub AT gmail DOT com}

No comments:

Post a Comment