Monday, April 30, 2012

First Harvest

On Saturday I harvested the first of my radishes - sort of thinning them out.  I also planted more radish seeds near the tomatoes.  By the time the tomatoes need the space it will be too hot for radishes.  I learned this space saving trick from a local farmer, Eddie Stuckey.  He plants radishes with broccoli and says the radishes act as weed barriers.

However, I'm not the only one harvesting things.  Master Gardener, Charlotte, has been tasting sweet handfuls of strawberries every now and then.  It's a good thing she put up the net to keep me away the squirrels.
The first tomato was spied this weekend in the Bone Yard.  Congrats to the Bones!!
 Also in Charlotte's Spot: pattypan squash.
Yum!  Summer is coming!

And thank you Lord for the nice gentle rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment