Sunday, April 8, 2012

BJ's Nursery

Charlotte told me about BJ's - a nursery in Protho Junction.  They have better prices than nurseries in town.  Apparently all the Master Gardeners know things like this.  I wanna be one - someday.
Thursday was my birthday so I decided that part of the festivities would include buying plants.  BJ's is family owned and they were very helpful.  They even gave me a "bulk discount" (at least that's what I called it).  As I was checking out, one of the family members said, "Give her 10% off!"  I didn't argue.
Yes, that is bamboo - and I know most people don't like it.  I want it as a privacy barrier between my house and the apartments across the creek.  Look at all the other beautiful plants I brought home!
Because it was my birthday, I splurged on succulents.  They remind me of the four years we lived in Phoenix.
This was the main reason for going to BJ's: landscaping the front of our house.  Last fall we ripped out very big and very large ugly bushes.
This weekend my husband bought a truck load of compost to go with my new flowers.


 I'm so happy with the results.
And just for neighborhood kicks - here's a picture of the participants for our egg hunt on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment