Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Progress

I (Julie) have been assigning owners to the garden boxes. And people are already getting busy!

Below, Charlotte's gets the "most work" award.  She's even added a cute sign.  I love it and am inspired.
To her box, she amended the soil with perlite, manure, and maybe compost.  She also added straw, and shredded leaves around her box.  Looks great Charlotte!

Next to Charlotte's box is Bill Burgin.  He's only begun.  Looking forward to seeing some tomatoes there, Bill. (Both Bill and Charlotte are Master Gardeners and I look forward to learning from them.)
Also on the east side Jim and Margaret Ault have reserved a box.  Looks like they tossed some straw on top.
As for the west side...Caroline and I added compost and coffee grounds to our box.  And the bags of leaves at the end of my box?  Well, I opened them and started a compost pile - hoping to keep the weeds at bay at the end of my garden.  I noticed some poison ivy growing nearby ...eek.
Now I just need to get a cute sign to copy Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment